The holiday season has officially arrived, which means you are probably hosting guests this season. We know you will be filling your countertops with delicious foods, great drinks, and plenty of presents. So, we thought you might need a hand on prepping for the influx of holiday cheer.
Here are eight steps to creating the perfect reception for your holiday guests!
1. Get organized before the visit. Family coming for dinner? Guests staying the night? Make a list of everything you and your guests will need to make their visit a good one.
2. Find out what everyone can eat. These days, it seems like everyone is gluten-free or vegan. It can be harder than ever to host friends and family. That’s why it’s important to ask your guests if they have any allergies or dietary restrictions before they come over so you can be prepared.
3. Clean up your entryway. ‘Tis the season of bulky coats and boots. So, before guests arrive, be sure to clean out your entryway and make space for your guests to put their raincoats, umbrellas, and boots during their visit. Knowing Pacific Northwest weather, your guests will probably have damp apparel that they’ll need to shed, so keep the coat hooks clear.
4. Childproof your kitchen and home. If you know your guests will be bringing small children, be sure to create a safe space for them to play, eat, and enjoy your hospitality.
5. Deck the halls. No matter which holiday you are celebrating, you can always bring joy and seasonal cheer to your home with decorations, plants, flowers, and personal touches.
6. Get your kitchen ready. Whether you are having guests for drinks, a holiday dinner, or extended stays, your kitchen will be a busy place. Clear off countertops and keep your cleaning supplies handy during the visit.
7. Stock up. It's the season of plenty, so be sure to stock up on food and cocktail supplies before your guests come over. Having plenty of food and drinks can help you be the perfect host.
Stocking up doesn’t have to be restricted to the kitchen. Make sure your fireplace is ready for a blaze by keeping the firewood rack filled up. Stock up on extra blankets to keep your guest bedroom cozy.
8. Create plenty of space to sit and chat. Drag out those stools from the breakfast bar, get your couch ready, and pull out all of your dining room chairs. Even if your guests are only coming over for drinks, at least a few will want to get cozy while they chat.
Here at Milan Stoneworks, we know you put a lot of time and energy into making your home perfect for your needs. We hope the above tips help you showcase your home’s beauty and create the perfect environment for your guests.